Forums » News and Events

What will happen in 2012

• 144 posts
    August 21, 2010 11:38 AM CDT

Hello.
    I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
    Advise me some articles please.

Thank you

• 144 posts
    August 21, 2010 11:38 AM CDT
    I learned about that prophecy in school. Apparently, the Mayans were far advanced in mathematics and developed a calendar system based on the stars. According to them, the world will end December 21, 2012. I don't have any specific details on what they noticed that led them to this conclusion, but it is difficult to dismiss their concussion because of their advance technology. I'm inclined to believe educated civilizations.

Obviously, the date is abbreviated 12.21.12, which seems like a coincidence. I'm not sure, but I think their mathematical system was based on multiples of 12. What we learned was that when our dates switched over from BC to AC our calendar started over so it’s difficult to say that this upcoming 2012 is the 2012 that they forecast. Also why 2012 if their system was based on 12? One more confusing aspect of this prophecy is when to start counting. It makes sense to start at the beginning and then you get 2012 years. Well, when should we start counting; from 0 AC or from when they predicted this. Hopefully the clock just starts back over or they couldn't see enough stars to notice that 12.21.12 is only the minute hand so to speak. The expected date could be 12012 (one hundred and twenty twelve).

Anyway I'm glad you brought this up I remember it from 15 years ago. I didn't know there is a movie coming out about it. Good to hear. What is it called?
    • 144 posts
    August 21, 2010 11:39 AM CDT
    Another possibility is that this date just represents when our planet, the sun, and the center of the Milky Way will be in alignment. So this could be the beginning of a new calendar. This cycle takes 25,625 years, wow!